Craig Builders is a family-owned company that has been building houses in Albemarle County since 1957. We are looking for a Draftsperson to join our team and create residential construction plans in line with Craig Builders high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Residential drafting and design using SoftPlan (Preferred) or similar CAD program.
- Updating existing model plans and options.
- Creating new model plans and options.
- Drafting contract plans.
- Updating contract plans to reflect change orders.
- Creating 3D renderings and brochures.
- Strict adherence to drawing checklist.
- DropBox maintenance.
- SoftPlan file organization and maintenance.
- Weekly drafting progress reports.
- Roof and Floor truss ordering, tracking, review and distribution.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
Skills and Experience
- Motivated, self-starter, with attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with SoftPlan (preferred) or equivalent software.
- Proven experience of residential construction drawings and design.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiar with Windows & MacOS operating systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in drafting, engineering, or a relevant field.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-4 years of drafting experience
If you’d like to be considered for this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.